Cart is Empty
COVID-19 Preventative Actions
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR STAFF, CUSTOMERS, AND COMMUNITY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
WE ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THIS VIRUS
As of Tuesday, May 12th, our store has resumed normal business hours
- Face masks or face coverings are required to enter our store. We are required to wear masks to protect you, and we require that you do the same to protect our employees and other clients.
- If shopping in our store, please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and others
- If you prefer a private appointment we are offering these during the hours of 9-10 AM daily on normal business days prior to general opening. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- We are limiting the total number of clients in the store to 12 at any given time. For this reason we ask that no more than 2 clients from a family or party that is shopping together enter at a time.
- We feel that our levels of business and staffing allow us to maintain separation and minimize exposure. But we realize that level of comfort varies for each individual and we respect everyone's decisions.
- We have implemented a hand sanitizing station in our store right when you walk in and we are kindly asking all of our guests to sanitize their hands upon entering the store.
- We are regularly disinfecting primary surfaces, including counters, knobs and handles, samples, and bathroom fixtures.
- IF YOU ARE SICK, please refrain from shopping in-store, but we'd love to help you over the phone (614-791-8525), via email ([email protected]) or via our online shopping cart at amishcountryfurnishings.com.
- Employees are washing their hands after transactions or interactions with guests and following payment exchanges.
- We are avoiding unnecessary social contact such as handshakes, high-fives, etc.
- Deliveries are still being scheduled, but on Saturday only. We will certainly respect a client's right to ask that their delivery be deferred if they have any concerns about exposure. Our delivery staff are taking appropriate precautions and we ask that clients receiving deliveries do the same.
- Tucker, our beloved Samoyed mascot, is on a break from his greeting duties, but encourages everyone to be safe, be kind, and keep things in perspective - hopefully "This too shall pass".